October 2013 – Fifteen leaders of Christian churches and organizations - including Bishop Rosemarie Wenner, President of the UMC Council of Bishops - have sent a ground-breaking letter to the US Congress, questioning the wisdom and legality of unconditional US military aid to Israel. They are asking for Congressional hearings, to investigate if that aid is being used in ways that violate US laws and policies, such as human rights violations against the Palestinian people.
Responses to this courageous peacemaking action have been heard around the world.
Sign the Letter of Support and Thanks »
October 2014 - you can still sign the letter!
• Nov 29th: 5200+ signatures on our support letter
• All groups' support letters: 30,000 signatures
- Read many powerful responses - both pro and con - to the 15 Leaders' Letter to Congress, including the article "Interfaith bullying" by Mark Braverman, Program Director of Kairos USA
- Read the letter from thirteen churches and organizations RESPONDING to those Jewish groups who recently cancelled interfaith dialogue sessions with their Christian colleagues, because of the Letter to Congress.
- Read the statement from Bishop Rosemarie Wenner, regarding objections to her co-signing the Letter to Congress. Clarifies that letter to Congress reflects long-held positions of the United Methodist Church.
- INTERFAITH PRESS CONFERENCE ON CAPITOL HILL AT THE METHODIST BUILDING:
"30,000 Signatures Gathered In Support of Churches’ Call to Investigate Unconditional Military Support of Israel"
Read the press release »